Reach out for God so that He will clear the path

On Sunday when I attended my church, Powerhouse Fellowship, the Pastor spoke on Deuteronomy. This resonated within my soul. We disappoint God every time we turn to the natural to “fix” our problems. God wants us to turn to Him and He will clear our way to the path that He has destined for us. In Deut. 9:3 God states – Know therefore today that it is the LORD your God who is crossing over before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and He will subdue them before you, so that you may drive them out and destroy them quickly, just as the LORD has spoken to you. By destroying what came before us, He allows us to pursue the works that He has put before us. But remember this: “Do not say in your heart when the LORD your God has driven them out before you, ‘Because of my righteousness the LORD has brought me in to possess this land,’ but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD is dispossessing them before you. For it is not the deeds that we conquer that clears the path but the Lord Jesus. Praise His Name before all people.

1. writerpro
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 09:20:34

AMEN!!!! Consuming fire…. 🙂

2. Bueller
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 10:26:09

Love the song, but I have always loved Casting Crowns….and very appropriate!!

3. Evelyn Shoemaker
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 14:01:12

I know that the Lord has been watching over us so far on this vacation… we have driven through thunderstorms , hail , driven through the tunnel in Montreal a scant half hour before it collapsed and been dogged by rain most of the time. Yet the Lord has shown us the way and directed us safely back to Ottawa. Tomorrow we leave for the more leisurely part of our vacation… on to Cape Cod !
    Thank you Lord for your many blessings !

4. Wynette aka Flip Flip
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 20:21:57

The tunnel in Montreal collapsed?!!! OMS. I have driven through that tunnel back when I was driving a truck I think. But how awful. And how miraculous that the Lord put you ahead of the collapse. Thank you Father God for protecting this children of the most High God! Amen!

5. Sherri
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 20:51:21

So loved this song! Love Casting Crowns so much. This song just reaching into my soul…!! Thanks Wyn and thanks for this blog today! I will reach out for God, so HE can clear the path!! 🙂

6. Joyce Gerald/EM
    Aug 06, 2011 @ 07:54:07

WOW EVELYN!! thank you for protection Lord!

© You Are Not The Only One Ministries & Consulting Services Inc.,  All Rights Reserved.

Unless otherwise cited Written devotionals and posts on this page are the property of this ministry. You-Tube Videos are not the property of this ministry.