What will you allow to cause you to QUIT?

I was just listening to TBN. The pastor really raised the bar for Christian service. He said that when we work, or serve it is NOT unto man BUT unto to GOD so, how does one quit GOD?

I have always felt this way especially over a year ago, when I was ready to walk away from my responsibilities. I was surrounded with attitudes that were just not sitting well with me. I read things typed by people that totally blew my mind!  I cried, and cried, and cried, I told God I was not willing to live with that. It was just not my style and he was not going to make me. YES I DID!! I have real conversations with my Lord.

I left for my role for a week. He of course convicted my heart and asked me that how I could quit HIM he has never, and will NEVER QUIT me.

His way was under attack and I was walking away from the fight. So, I came back because I do this work for HIM and for HIM alone. Not to be a specific person, or have a specific position, or even to be the leader. I tried walking away from that too.

BUT to be HIS servant no matter what!! The sermon pierced me to my very soul… So, I ask you the same question that the pastor asked…what will it take for you to QUIT the work of God…You see Wyn and I know without a doubt that this is what we are all doing here–I AM SURE THAT Mary AND Jeleane FEEL THE SAME WAY.

Who will turn you away from the work of God for something better, or what will you turn away from God to?
Romans 8:38-39 (New International Version)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I have read this scripture many times; I have not fully applied it to the work at hand: To singing on the praise team, to volunteer work I do outside of EA, or to some degree this calling on our lives to reach out to others through a simple game.

How many lives have you changed for thekingdomofGodsince Facebook became you social network venue.

I had to internalize this sermon…because I can only speak for me. I cannot speak for anyone else. I know that as for me – I will serve the Lord, even when it drive me nuts to do it, and the act of service is totally our of my comfort zone!!

What about you?

1. Jennifer Carter
    May 22, 2011 @ 20:12:06

I try not to quit. Even when times are tough! I agree with Joyce when she says its hard to work around negativity and backstabbing. I more of a happy happy joy joy person most of the time. That being said maybe its knowing that youre good and youre there to help others is the lesson. youre not serving them but maybe helping lead a better happier life!

Great reminder!! Yes I am having hard times but Im bound and determined that it will continue to get better!! I will serve God whenever and wherever he leads me!!!

May 22, 2011 @ 20:37:11

I used to say I would never quit, too, and I so admire your determination, Jennifer. But, there are times when I want to quit the jobs I think the Lord gives me now because I get weary and need a break. I tend to get so “busy” doing what the Lord calls me to do that I forget to take time for just He and I. And, oh, yes, there have been times where because God’s law reigns deeply supreme within me, I do/live with things I want to walk away from or quit. I admit I cannot do these things in my own power and strength, but only through these stemming from Christ, my Sustainer. So, would I quit? In and of myself, yes, many times. In Christ, no,

3. Sherri
    May 24, 2011 @ 23:42:26

Okay….I’m back here again. I’m speaking honestly, I came here first and read this and then wrote a comment and then decided to “quit” writing and go the the devotionals. Well, guess what?? When I came back just now, what I wrote was still here, so guess I’ll post it now. Thank you God for speaking to me to get back here and share what You wanted me to share. This, then, is wrote I had written previously.

I have quit things before, but didn’t think about how I was actually quitting God. I have to be honest; I do this a lot. When I feel like I am treated unkindly or I feel like I am being manipulated, I quit. I have done lots of volunteer work for my church, but it seems like, when I do, that you find out who people really are, or what is actually going on behind the scenes that you weren’t aware of and it devastates me; especially if it is a Pastor. So, I walk away from it, because I don’t want to know the negative things about my church. I want to go to church, listen to the sermon, grow in my faith and praise God and worship in song. Knowing these other things, takes away my focus on Jesus and I don’t want to turn my focus off of the Lord.

Bernice…I can understand what you’re saying and I couldn’t have said it better myself. I have quit things from just feeling like I am too busy, I don’t have time for this. I am praying that I will not quit, what the Lord has called me to do for HIM.

4. Joyce Gerald/EM
    May 25, 2011 @ 03:55:22

It is so easy to say, “I don’t want to be bothered!” or”If it were for this person, that person, or the other person–I could handle this.” I am reminded all the time that the world is made up of persons just like that, and that we can both learn from each other and grow in the grace of the Lord.

So, when persons at church grate on our nerves maybe we need to see what is in us that causes that grating. I have found that for me it is usually something that I need to change in me and that is why it bugs me so much! I guess I am saying look inward first and see what you can learn from the encounter instead of walking away from the situation. We serve him as we serve others. We grow in him as we are his eyes, his hand, his heart, his mind, and demonstrate his love to others. We are him even more so when we are all of those things to the unlovable of this world.

5. Sherri
    May 25, 2011 @ 11:42:21

Very much, food for thought EM. Thank you. 🙂

6. Joyce Gerald/EM
    May 25, 2011 @ 14:04:21

YOU ARE WELCOME MY DEAR FRIEND. I SPEAK TO MYSELF WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU IT IS JUST A REMINDER FOR ME TOO
    Love EM 🙂

7. Wynette aka Flip Flip
    May 28, 2011 @ 03:22:01

My Mom used to tell me (when people did things that upset me) if we were all perfect, we wouldn’t need church. We would already BE in Heaven. So when some one in church does something that grates on my nerves, I just remember what my Mom said.