An apology to all my followers

First of all, I need to apologize to my followers. A time of trials and tribulations. From one extreme to the other. High to low and everything in between. It has been way too long since my last post. And as the Lord pointed out to me in the wee hours of the morning, why would I increase your responsibilities when you have not been a good steward of the ones that I have given you? I too am guilty of letting the circumstances of the world dictate my actions. Instead we need to focus on the Lord and Praise His Name in all storms.
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
(One of the highs) In the past month, I have been blessed beyond compare with all of the prayer requests that have been answered.(One of the lows) Having to release my best friend of the last 15 years, Gus. A dog that I said I did not want when he was found in the middle of traffic on a busy street. And turned out to be my almost constant companion for the next 15 years. And maybe the most important gift we can give our friends is to let them go when it is time.

The same week I had an injection in my knee to alleviate pain and promptly had a massive allergic reaction that landed me in the ER. Well that started a cascade of things that I refuse to speak into existence. I tell you all of this to lead into my post for this time.

It truly bothers me when I hear people say, God Doesn’t Give Us More Than We Can Handle. I am sorry if I misunderstand but did anyone bother to tell Job that? I think there are several people in the Bible that would object to that statement. THAT PHRASE DOES NOT EXIST!
I do know that:
That God will work all things together for His glory and our good.
That no temptation is bigger than God. That He is loving and safe.
I was discussing my hospital stay with a trusted prayer warrior recently and I made the statement that, even though I spent that time in excruciating pain and confusion, I was given the opportunity to minister to 5 people! What an awesome feeling that was. I had an excellent nursing staff, (Hey 5 West UMC!!!) The Lord led me to ask them if they were praying people? I realize that is a rather unique way to bring up the subject but it is one that the Lord gave me. They do not run from the room when I ask them that question. They look at me and reply yes, no, or sometimes. But it opens up the conversation without the defensiveness that sometimes follows the question, “Are you a Christian?” And then at my follow-up appointment today I had the opportunity to minister to my family doctor and her medical student.
My trusted friend then made the comment, “God would not put you in that kind of pain!” I told her, “I know that God did not inflict that pain on me as that is a lie from Satan BUT it is up to each one of us to use every trial or tribulation for the opportunity to serve God.” The thought that came in my mind was the comment that I heard recently. God doesn’t give us more than we can handle and how contradictory that is to what I read the Bible to say. Do you use every opportunity to serve God? Or do you sit and wallow in “Poor pitiful me.” It is not our job to make them a believer. That is God’s job. We just need to open the door for His miraculous work to begin. For myself I choose to take every opportunity to add one more warrior to God’s Army.
Luke 12:48 From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
1 Peter 4:19 Let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing (in doing good).
2 Cor 12:10 When we are down, we turn to Jesus for help. Thus, we may say, WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN AM I STRONG.
Romans 8:18.For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

The next post will be following soon. I promise.

1. christina w
    May 09, 2011 @ 23:13:48

im sry to hear that hun sometimes things are tough and sometimes too tough to handle and if we just pray it works out butthats only sometimes i hope everything gets better for you and your knee gets better .i have nothing but love fpor you wyn. (((((( angel hugs))))))

2. Joyce Gerald/EM
    May 09, 2011 @ 23:15:49

SIGHS!!!!!

3. Connie
    May 09, 2011 @ 23:20:32

Oh Wyn, you inspire me and make me feel so unworthy at the same time.
    Thanks for the inspiration! XX

4. Flip Flip
    May 10, 2011 @ 00:10:25

Christina thank you for the hugs. All is well.
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

5. Joyce Gerald/EM
    May 10, 2011 @ 07:14:11

“I think that the correct phrase here should be, “We think that God will not give us more than WE THINK WE CAN HANDLE!” What we think we can handle and what we can actually handle are 2 different things. Look at Paul. He was minding his own bees wax! He got struck with BLINDNESS. Some might say he deserves it for what he did to the Christians. Why couldn’t God simply reveal himself to him and scare the heebie jeebies of out him? Or better yet transport him from one location to another like he did with another servant of God. He needed him to see who was really in control.

And again Paul said the following when other Christians got on his ever living nerves, because they thought that they were someone special.
    2 Corinthians 6
    Paul’s Hardships
    3 We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4 Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5 in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6 in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7 in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8 through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9 known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10 sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
    11 We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. 12 We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. 13 As a fair exchange—I speak as to my children—open wide your hearts also.
    WILL GOD PUT YOU THROUGH– what you may think is HELL to reach 1 person? Read what he did with Paul’s life:

II Corinthians 11

Paul Boasts About His Sufferings
    16 I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting. 17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool. 18 Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast. 19 You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise! 20 In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or puts on airs or slaps you in the face. 21 To my shame I admit that we were too weak for that!
    Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about.
    2 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I.
    23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more.
    I have worked much harder,
    been in prison more frequently,
    been flogged more severely,
    and been exposed to death again and again.
    24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
    25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,
    26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.
    27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.
    29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak?
    Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?
    30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas had the city of the Damascenes guarded in order to arrest me. 33 But I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through his hands.

Shall I speak of Joseph and the nightmare H e double hockey sticks that he went through so he could save the entire world, his family, and his nation from starvation.

SO WILL GOD PUT YOU IN THE HOSPITAL TO REACH ONE little SOUL.
    I think so. The word is repleated with examples of God doing just that.

This is not meant to make anyone feel bad, but sometimes preachers, preach they do not know what! YES God will bring you to the brink of death—if it will bring about the saving on one soul. I know that a zillion preachers are going to disagree with that statement. Make sure that you use OT and NTY example of how he did not before you come back to that fact. Am I willing to be taken to the brink of death or even death so that someone may come to know the Lord.. is the question we need to ask our selves. JESUS – an innocent DIED so that the world may come to know him.

Have a great day.

6. Bueller
    May 10, 2011 @ 09:28:21

Wow, EM, you can even make me have to scroll here!! 🙂 I have used the term “God only gives you what He knows you can handle” and I use it because He asked me to do the most difficult thing in the world. My dad was dying and he came home under hospice care. That meant anyone in the medical field..nurse or otherwise was able to pronounce him dead. Yep, I got to be the person to do so that night!! Needless to say I did not take that well, but the next day as I was crying and driving around town, smoking a cigarette, I heard a voice that sounded exactly like my dad and he told me “I would never ask you to do anything I didn’t think you could handle”. After that I was fine as I knew both he and God were taking care of me from then on. So, to me, whether it’s in the bible or not….I still feel that there is nothing God would do that you could handle, even if it means going to the brink of death to find a lost soul or put you in excrutiating pain so you can minister to more lost souls, or allow someone to abuse you so that you find your way to God. You may not know it at the exact time things are happening, but as you say, God is in charge of everything to include what does or doesn’t happen to you!!

7. Joyce Gerald/EM
    May 10, 2011 @ 18:44:26

God is in charge of everything to include what does or doesn’t happen to you!!
    You are right about him being in charge indeed 🙂

8. Sherri
    May 11, 2011 @ 00:14:26

Okay…I admit it, I’ve said this phrase many times, that God doesn’t give us more than we can handle. I have a life story that I felt, at the time, was more than I could handle. When my Mom died July 11, 1985, the day after, I had to run around trying to find the things (cloths, shoes, etc) that my Mom wanted to be buried in. My Dad and oldest brother were in charge of going to the funeral home, but they didn’t want to wait for me to go buy the things that my Mom had previously asked me, to be sure she had on and in her casket, so I was driving like a crazy woman, around town, finding the items I needed for her. My heart was broken that she was gone, but yet, I had to rush around, desperate to find these things and get back in time, before my Dad and brother would leave for the funeral home!! I kept asking God “why” do I have to do this? I don’t want to do this! I can’t handle this – it’s too hard!! Please God…it’s too hard!! I made it through this and then, after the funeral, I had to start calling her creditors, insurance people, etc. to let them know she had died. Saying those words over and over that she died, eventually made me feel numb to the fact that I lost my dearly loved Mother and I wanted her back!! If she was back, I didn’t have keep making these calls, that were so hard to make!! Again, I was saying, God please, I can’t do this…it’s too much, I can’t get through this!! BUT…..I made it through!! The problem was, being so caught up and pre-occupied with: This is too hard God, I can’t handle this, I never allowed myself to grieve the loss of my Mom. For years, I cried and cried and grieved over the fact that I was so involved in, I can’t handle this, that I never had a real chance to say “good-bye” to Mom and release her into the Father’s hands. I would dream about her constantly and would say everything to her, that I wanted to say. I thank God for these dreams, because….at least in my dreams, I was able to talk to her and express what was in my heart.

Now, when I look back on this, I feel like during this time, God was carrying me, when I was unable to walk on my own. It’s like footprints….when I looked, I only saw one set of footprints…which was the Lord’s, as He carried me through this tough time in my life and in the process, gave me strength and made my faith stronger in the Lord Jesus. What an awesome God we serve!! Love you Lord!!

9. Flip Flip
    May 11, 2011 @ 07:02:35

In today’s devotional Charles Stanley says:
    You are always in God’s hand. Focusing upon His sovereign will and the good He has in store for you is not easy in hard times. I understand. But I also know that God never allows anything to touch us that He will not turn to our benefit and the good of His kingdom.

We praise you Father God in all storms!

10. Sherri