If you could ask God for one thing, what would that be?

Yesterday, this wonderful group had the awesome opportunity to be there for someone who was in crisis. He was standing there with a gun to his head when his friend called him. His friend got on another phone at the same time and called someone who he knew to be a strong Christian. She immediately called me and asked me to call God’s Prayer Warriors into action. I sent out the call and in less than 10 minutes we had an untold number of people praying for this man. Less than 5 minutes later, we got word that he had put the gun down and had agreed to speak with the strong Christian that I referred to above. I am waiting to hear from her today to find out the conclusion but I have no worries what so ever that God did not attend that meeting.

Do you know of someone who is in crisis? Are you? If you could ask God for just one thing, what would that be? Think about this very seriously before you answer. Then post your answer in the comment section and these powerful prayer warriors will take your request to the Lord. I am not saying that the Lord will answer every prayer. Sometimes the answer is no. But how will you know if you never ask?

1. Anita
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 13:38:28

If I could ask God for one thing it would be for the ability to endure. I don’t need to know why, how, or when, it would not help, but I do need the the ability to, “And having done all else, stand and wait upon the Lord.” Not being a patient person by nature, as well as a control freak, this waiting is the hardest lesson to learn. I’m still a work in progress. We all are. Thank God He never gives up on us!

2. Wynette aka Flip Flip
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 13:57:10

And I will stand in agreement with you Anita. Thank God our God is a God of all things. Large and small. Long and short. Amen.

Nov 21, 2011 @ 15:48:14

I will pray for all responding here. But, my one request is to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength and my neighbor as myself.

4. Wynette aka Flip Flip
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 23:09:53

I will stand with you and pray for our love for the Lord will increase every day. I will also stand with you in praying for the ability to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

5. donna/snobird4evr
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 23:12:42

after sitting here and pondering on an answer for what i’d ask Him for, i believe the top on the list is for the one below to never ever have power over any of God’s children and for the ones that do not believe to some how be shown how wonderful and awesome our Father and Jesus are.. i’d love also for anyone who’s suffering from pain to have relief from it’s grip and to never feel pain again, only joy and happiness!!

6. Joyce Gerald
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 23:56:28

I would ask him to send laborers for this huge harvest. People who know what commitment is and follow through with it.

7. Barbara Woods-Harris
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 23:34:18

Wow..what a question. At first I was going to ask for patience, seems we control freaks lack so little of it. And then I read Joyce’s comment, and that is the first thing I want, Commitment. The ability to have that feeling of “everybody panicked, but not me, I didn’t panic at all, I stood still and waited on the Lord”. So that is what I would ask for. With that I could change the world:)
    Thanks for tagging me in this Wyn, sometimes I forget to look here.:(

8. Wynette aka Flip Flip
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 10:38:12

You are most welcome Barbara, God know where and to whom the Word should go. May He reach out to you in your time of need and put all the fears to rest and give you peace and thanksliving. Amen